Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Let's Doodle!


I made these cards for the challenge on the
I used this month kit by Club Scrap Shibori
that are perfect for the Doodle It challenge.
You can see all the details HERE.

For my cards I used a technique I noticed on the
craftshow I visited last Saturday and lucky me, I had all
the ingredients!
I used color burst turqoise powder 
on the left side of the paper.

Next I took the mini mister and sprayed a big puddle
of water on top of the powder.

Dipping the stamp into the puddle of color burst
I used it to stamp the background for my card.

For this card I also used the stencil that came 
with the Club Scrap Shibori kit.

Next i used the Shibori stamps on top of the
background and with a black marker
I added some dooling on the stencil side.
I must say the stamps look already like I doodled.

The butterfly is cut with a thinlit by Stampin'Up!
and I  used part of the leftside paper for this.
The flower is cut out with a punch from one of my
nespresso metal cups. See my tutorial HERE.

I had so much fun with this technique, I had to try it on another card
as well. Gere i used more of the stamps to doodle and a little pen doodling too.
Left more of the leftside puddle of ink color.

Thank you for looking
and have a creative day!


9 comments:

Adeline B said...

I had to see how you did this neat technique! Today is a Shibori day in my craft room. Thanks for the inspiration!

Carol said...

lovely cards – – what is origin of the rubberstamp with the angular wavy lines?

Laura said...

These card are GORGEOUS, Hetty! I love the looks you have created! How cool to use the color burst for the background AND to stamp with it! Love the collage-y look you created! The addition of the Shibori stencil is very dramatic! How cool that you made your flower from a recycled nespresso metal cup! Thanks for the link to your tutorial! That flower punch with the embossing feature is wonderful! YOur 2nd card is as beautiful as the 1st! Cool that you added pen doodling! As always, your creativity floors me! Thanks so much for sharing!

KnitterPam said...

These are so beautiful, Hetty! I am very inspired to work with these stamps!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

These are so wonderful Hetty, I love how you use the inked water to use for your stamping, such wonderful and beautiful effects on these cards, LOVE them.
Faith
x

Capescrapper said...

I just love how you collaged these awesome stamped images together! So fun and just so inspiring!

kiwimeskreations said...

What amazing pair of cards Hetty, and a great technique - not only do you get a great collage background, but all you colours coordinate!
Blessings
Maxine

Macarena said...

Great colors, patterns and use of Infusions. Love the layers of colors and patterns. Thank you for doodling with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

LOVE your color burst fun cards...love the stenciling!